Welcome to CNAV
The Community Newspaper Association of Victoria (CNAV) is the peak body representing not-for-profit community newspapers across Victoria.
CNAV works actively with its members to enhance the capacity and standing of community newspapers, to enable them to fully realise their vital role in communities.
All electoral advertisements (not just at election time) at Federal, State and Local government levels must include the name and address of the person who authorised the advertisement. The address must be a full street address and suburb or locality.
Note: See sub-section 328 (1) of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 and sub-section 83(1) of the Victorian Electoral Act 2002). Under sub-section 328(5) of the Commonwealth Act, the address of a person means an address, including a full street address and suburb or locality, at which the person can usually be contacted during the day. It does not include a post office box. Under section 3 of the Victorian Act, address does not include a post-office box.
12 October 2019, 4.15 pm
The York on Lilydale
BUSINESS OF MEETING:
- To receive the President’s report
- To consider and receive the financial statements
- Election of ordinary members of the committee of management
Nominations of financial members are invited for election to the Committee (click here for nominiation form).
In accordance with the Constitution, members with voting rights who are unable to attend the meeting may appoint a proxy (click here for form).
Anne Brackley (Secretary)
- Minutes of the annual general meeting held on 13 October 2018 were approved as true and correct by the committee of management at its meeting on 15 December 2018 in accordance with CNAV’s constitution. A copy of the minutes is available upon written request to the secretary
- As the CNAV member is the community newspaper, only one proxy is permitted for each community newspaper. Representatives of community newspapers may nominate more than one person to be a committee of management member
Saturday 12 October 2019
CNAV’s 2019 conference venue will be The York on Lilydale.
The date is 12th October 2019, which is the 2nd Saturday of October.
See the Conferences page for more info.